Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Welcome to
The House of Fantasia!




On last Sunday, I found myself running home and throwing off my plaid school girl skirt and kicking off my brown loafer shoes, as I cried uncontrollably. Pillows soaked, kicking my legs in the air and twirling my hair screaming at the top of my lungs. My inner monologue was "I just wanna belong like the others." I made it to my first BALL experience and I pretty much stood in awe at the beauty and technique of the participants and the different houses represented. I stood and noticed for the first time the art form that is so predominant in the community. The art of imitation and how the ballroom environment totally mimmicks life. There was new found beauty in all that appeared before me. Its glamour and glitter, yet no real gold.

Dapper D
House of Fantasia (Crotch and Tiger's Hidden Dragon)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home