Monday, August 27, 2007

Read this blog and others like it on motionphics.blogspot.com

It's Just One of Life's Little Lessons!

It has occurred to me that I have received little to no traffic on this page,if so I received no proof of it activity. It has also been revealed to me that when it comes to this trip, many doubt and other make or made fun of my dream and vision to travel to Africa from its inception. Loving to laugh and to joke, I believe, I come off to some as a total joke and to others as just a mouth and a bunch of words with no action behind them. Whatever the case may be, one tends to learn a little more about himself, and others, as he set out and accomplishes goals and overcome obstacles, which other may deem impossible for you to accomplish.

Speaking with a friend yesterday, he was bothered by the fact that he just released his second book and no one that he considered to be his friends in the black gay community and those whom he has supported all the while, didn't show up to his event. Although a complete success, as far as numbers and revenue was concerned, it bothered him more so to not see folks from his community. While seeing this as a disgrace and a pity on those who represents themselves as his friends, I made it known to him that "his book release" was not "their book release." In terms of passion, the passion, drive and commitment that he placed into writing the books and releasing is not the same passion that others will receive or offer back to him in knowing that he has accomplished this goal. Therefore, it is just one of life's little lessons to learn and know that your goals are strictly that, "YOUR GOALS."

In the same day, I received a visit from another friend who purpose was to come to my place and chat. As I was cleaning my room and chatting with him, he began to as me about my trip and how it came about that I was going. He stated that he remembered just on last year that i mentioned in my blog and to him that I wanted to go to Africa and now I am doing it on next Friday. I began to give him the rundown of how things played and how excited I was to be going. In the same instance that I am telling him about my happiness, he turns around and "buts" me. Butting me as in, "but, how are you going to do this" and "but, how will you survive when you return now that you left your job for this trip." I made it known that I would be paying my bills before I leave for leave for this trip and that, it just works out that, when I return from this trip, I was contacted to return to an editing job I tend to freelance around this time of year through the opening months of the following year. He in turn "buts" me again, stating that I have come too far to be leaving a job to follow a whim. Another of life's lessons came into play at that moment. People in most cases are likely to "but" your dreams and goals.

My goals and dreams are mine. I can't expect everyone to be as passionate nor as supportive as I am about my desires. In the case of the friend with the book release, I made it known that their has to be a re-evaluation of friends and those whom you surround yourself. It is necessary to, at times, drop old friends and surroundings in order to live your dreams and goals. Never in this life time, did I think that by stepping back and examining the things I thought, I would be able to accomplish by forsaking other for even a moment, could these dreams be possible. As for the other "butting friend," I have come the the conclusion that people are successful in business because they took a risk. A risk in following their dreams and having others to work their dreams into a reality, constantly. So as I stated to this friend, and my boss, I am following my dreams. The realization is that if I lose out on any physical property, there is only one me.One heart, body, mind and soul. everything else is a replica and is mass produced. All of which could be regained. I would never know if I could accomplish a goal or task if I could not step out on the faith that I could achieve more.

7 Comments:

Blogger Promiscuous X said...

Dam D this blog is deep Yo.I didnt kow you felt like that yo. I say follow your dreams. I remember when I first met you at shawns, you a funny guy never knew you were so goal oriented and had this passion. Your right alot of success story took chances an crazy career moves. People can add there 2 cents in but its you that has to make the decision, and its pretty clear you have your mind made up. Its good that when you come back u kinda have something to fall back on. Seems like you have given this alot of thought, Take the lead. Dont just prove them wrong, prove it to yourself.

8:40 AM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

Now this is a post! The Dapper is back! I can totally agree with what your feeling.. I never realized that, but i will keep that in mind when talking about my goals.

Thanks for the insight.

9:32 AM  
Blogger fuzzy said...

I have come to realize that people are people. While we tend to call people dependable, they really aren't. They just are more dependable than others. The same thing lies on support! I hate to say it but its true. If I relied on support from friends and family, I wouldn't have gone to cooking school, I would be lacking and wishing upon a star. But with a helping hand? I think not!

Support yourself and appreciate others when they show their concern for you. Be cool man, Go for YOUR goals. Remember to look forward and not to the sides, cause you will be distracted and lose balance and before you know it you will have fallen. Come back soon though, and dont bring back any strange bugs!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Tyson said...

First of all, thanks for visiting my page.

In response to your blog.... I admire the realization that you have achieved. You are absolutely right in stating that your dreams and goals are mostly appreciated by YOU! Sometimes people, even friends, do not understand our dreams or goals. It is not that they are bad friends. It is just that they might be focused on their own dreams or goals. Everyone views life differently. we cannot expect for someone to see what we see. And we can't fault them for not seeing our dreams. W are the master of our own universe. When you find that person that can appreciate your dreams then you may have found the person you are suppposed to share that dream with------a soul mate........(Leav it to a cancer to throw love in the mix :-)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Soldier said...

You know you have my support

:-)

10:04 PM  
Blogger AJAMU said...

D.

Hey man I am really proud of you in the way you stayed focused on your vision of what you reallly desired to do and it came to frution. You know when you really want something, you will find a way. The obstacles we encounter are not to prevent us from reaching our goals, but; they are a means of finding if the actions we are taking are bringing us closer of further from our goals. Let your going to Africa be a Testament of one who believed and stayed focused until the desire came to past. Continue doing what you are doing...and all your goals will matierlize.

Much love,

Uncle A.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Jersey Brotha said...

I congratulate you on taking a risk and accomplishing your dream. Even better, you did it while you were still relatively young. Most people never get the chance (or are afraid) to follow their dreams. And you're right, not everybody is going to be as excited or passionate about our dreams as us. The way I see it, people are either gonna ride with you or get out and walk!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home