Friday, July 04, 2008

Truth

There are a number of areas that I must become clear about with my friends and family. These areas have to deal with the truth in how I am being and living. In these matter it had somehow began to bother me that not knowing or not revealing how I feel to my loved ones sometimes keeps them at bay. This Independence Day, I want to be liberated about some things that may go unspoken and put some things on the table that I or we may be made free by these truths.

1. My Projects
It truly bothers me that many of my so-called friends or family have not picked up the phone to congratulate me on my achievements in Africa. Here I am a young black male setting out to make a difference in the global community, by providing education to students who in many cases would not have the opportunity to learn the skills that I am teaching in their everyday walk of life, and a majority of my friends and none of my family outside of my immediate family has expressed their feelings of my work and many have not even offered a single dollar to the occasion. In reality this is not a major issue to me because regardless of the congrats or none at all, this does not change the fact that I will set out to make a difference and God get the glory.

With this project in mind, I must mention that one of my students from South Africa is here for three weeks on a travel scholarship and he will be touring the city, DC and Chicago along with connecting with other students that I work with in Harlem. If anyone (providing people still read my blog) could provide any suggestions on what can be done in NYC free of charge, this would be of great assistance.

2) My living- Again, I must thank God for giving me such a free spirit and not allowing me to worry much about what is around the corner. In my giving to others, I have found myself in a situation where I am need of living quarters ASAP. I thank God, He being the author and finisher of my faith and a provider, has managed to have people that I may have blessed or affected positively in the past to not forget and return the favor, by allowing me to stay with them until I find my place. With this being said, this is the first time in my life that I had to stay and depend on people for housing, but God once again gets the glory and I know he will provide a way for my living situation.

You know, I can actually go on and on and on about how my family and friends are nearly not present in my life, but you know God is too good to reflect on people and their lack. God has provided and I know he is pleased with my works and my faith in him, and with this I know that I am free, independent and blessed. I am now, despite what I may be going through, looking forward to my return to Africa. I am now looking forward to pursuing my PhD in theory, Art History or Philosophy or maybe just returning to take business courses. I am also blessed that God is placing new people in my life that is up with what I want to cause in the lives of others, transformation. Motionphics In Action is getting off the ground as we speak. I have a new lawyer friend who is stepping in to aid me in getting certain things done. My first television deal ever is underway and I will have my works represented on the continent of Africa.

Life is a network of conversations. If you keep with the same folks, you will continue to have the same conversations along with the same experiences. Variety is the spice of life, mix it up.

Life is Dapper and that is ALL the truth I need!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, look at God. It just goes to show that if you believe, speak truth to power and trust, then all else will work itself out. Good deal sir!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home