Monday, September 22, 2008

Friday
Sept. 22, 1978
6:30pm
nawlins, louisiana

tumbled and turned
the pool begins to drain
my space is cramped
the pressure is great
from in here i can hear the muffled sound of screams
upside down
the vacuum pulls powerfully
my darkness is suddenly broken
the light is blinding
the pull of nature is too much
space becomes smaller
light gets brighter
crushing
the jaws expanding, contracting
my black hole, no longer

certainly this is death

the sounds
my head feels separated from my body
my shoulder pushes through
sliding out
embracing the fluids that once concealed me
my death has given way to life
my crushing black hole gives way to light
light gives way to sight

life,light, sight
welcome to the middle passage
birth

CONGRATULATIONS TO ME ON 30 YRS OF SURVIVING THE PASSAGE...

JOURNEY ON

8 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

awwwwwww the 30th birthday of ur birth lol... RE-HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

First time you mentionned your black hole... i was like " oh shit... this is becoming hot... " but it wasnt what i thought... its ok !

8:28 AM  
Blogger ponoono said...

happy birthday!

why do people seek to be " born again " ? that would split my old ma like an over ripe grapefruit !

4:05 PM  
Blogger fuzzy said...

Congrats on your birthday once again! Hard to believe that you are 30!

ponoono, something is wrong with you!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Motionphics Studios said...

lol at ponoono! can you imagine?

6:33 AM  
Blogger Jersey Brotha said...

Happy Birthday!

6:52 PM  
Blogger JNez said...

happy belated birthday. you share the date with one of my best friends. hope the cruise was a bit of a celebration of your birthday also, if you didn't work too hard...

impressive brother you are

9:14 AM  
Blogger Promiscuous X said...

Ummmm were are you lol

1:13 PM  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Wow, love this post, many blessings to you, trying to catch up here on all my readings, lol

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home