Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Can you recall this blog?

Posted Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Goal to have a Life Altering Experience Through Travel




Okay, here I am at 5am looking for a job that will make an impact in my working, spiritual and cultural experience. While looking on the site I ran across a volunteer/intern program that allows one to travel to various countries to work in various ways. I have decided over the past few months that I wanted to travel abroad and here was my answer to my longing for this experience. I have decided to take the experience in the Motherland. My works would include HIV/AIDS awareness, conservation or local orphanages in Kenya or South Africa. This would also serve as a great opportunity to create a documentary on my travels. The great thing about this program is that it is year round and is a great way to vacation with a purpose. It is my plan to produce various fundraiser to fund my trip(s) back home to the first home that God built, AFRICA.

If there are an ideas concerning fundraising please feel free to give input. Also it would be dapper to have a group of friends with similar interest to travel together back to Africa.

Look forward to the Dapper productions for my educational experience. Also accepting donations from Mini DV tapes to cash gifts.

Speaking this thing as though it is,

Dapper D
__________________________________________

Well my friends, that time has come. Sept 7-28. Almost one full year later the laws of attraction (the Secret and Landmark. For those in the dark its a book and a course in attracting the things you want out of life) has brought my vision and coupled it with like minds and we are on our way to Cape Town. This trip is all about giving back to people in need. Volunteering in HIV/AIDS Awareness, sitting with the elderly and orphan care. This voyage is about changing my life and the lives of others. It is also my plan to give you my friends, family and fellow bloggers details from the mother of creation.

As stated in my previous blog, I am looking for assistance with a few things that can aid in making the most out of this trip. Cash donations are always helpful, but whatever you can give will be greatly appreciated. Below is a list of items that will be helpful during the 21 days that I will be there.

Mini-DV tapes (Panasonic) Link listed below
http://www.tapestockonline.com/pan60minmin.html

New or used Lighting equipment for the camera (Litepanels Flood Mini)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/487073-REG/Litepanels_LP50_Flood_Mini_LED_Fixture.html

Camera Batteries for Panasonic DVX100A
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/3results/controller/home?O=search&A=search&Q=&ci=9541&sb=bs%2Cupper%28ds%29&sq=asc&atl=%7EBrand_Panasonic

Slate and Clap Board
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=207888&is=REG

G-TECH Hard Drive
hhttp://www.tekserve.com/sales/products/storage/g-tech/


Operating in the realm of possibilities,


Dapper D


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home