Monday, September 10, 2007

Power of the Dream 2

As I prepared for my trip to Cape Town, I found myself listening to MLK speeches on my Ipod as I showered and did various chores around the house. Although I did not live during his time, I found myself engulfed by his dream of equality for all. Moved by his words I began to think and realize that this one man, a single man had a dream, a vision that not only lived in his mind, but in his consciousness. This dream manifested itself and became a planted seed in the lives of all that embraced his ideas. An ordinary man, bound by the laws of the land and stumbling blocks of his time, thought beyond his limitations to dream and put this dream into action.

There IS power in dreaming! Kellyanne, once again refering to the movie Opal Dream, convinced her family and community that her imaginary friends once lived. In return, again, there were two coffins, a hole, a gathering, flowers, a speech and two headstones marking marking that the dream once lived. ALL OF THIS FROM A DREAM!!!

In the case of King, there was a vision that was moved upon and snowballed into a movement. Although seeing some of the benefits of his dream , the dreamer was for what lived in him. The powerplay comes in at the point where you have others engaged into that dream. No longer around to lead his vision, his passion for what he dreamed lived long beyond his years. Note that we, to this day, ate still using his words and teachings to further his dream.

As with a mother and child, it is my belief that once a dream starts to live it becomes independent of the dreamer and takes on a life if its own, thus outliving the dreamer.

"When you believe in something that is when it is real. That is what makes a person real too. How they dream and how they share their dream. When they are with you or even after they they are gone, because a dream is forever...We are all dreaming together and thats what is real forever." -Opal Dream

...Breathe life into your dreams

Now that is Dapper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home